Was wondering how it would be to map a Business as an account (internally) and what are the various parameters one should keep in mind while doing that. May be you can add some more value to this.
I wanted to come out with a model which should help all the Learning Solutions Providers at large... :)
I think the following parameters make sense to have it as a part of L&D Account mapping...
Your inputs to these things are much appreciated.
a. Understand the Client-
- Create Client Profile - Client Facts, Business Imperatives, Performance, Environment, and SWOT Analysis
- Create Value Analysis (SVA) Model - Enables the team to understand client performance, identify value creation opportunities and related value drivers, and determine how L&D Team can deliver tangible business value
- ASK THE CLIENT! Elicit and validate information on their needs and imperatives, key executives, culture
Gain insight from third parties and external sources (alliance partners, research industry analyst information, media, etc.)
- Related industry High Performance Business research.
b. Create the Account Plan-
- Position/Perception: How do we want to be perceived by the client in terms of our capabilities and services? What can we do to improve our position relative to the competition?
- Relationships: How can we strengthen current relationships? Where do we need to penetrate the organization further? What are the relationships we need to build for future work, and how do we do that?
- Competitors: Who are the biggest threats at this client and what are their strengths and weaknesses? Who are their supporters and advocates, how do we neutralize them? What is our plan to beat or unseat them?
- Opportunities: How do we want to drive value for this company? What are the opportunities that we want to focus on now – and build for the future?
c. Live the Plan-
- Drive the momentum: meet regularly and often
- Carry out action plans: hold team members accountable for what they “signed up for” in the account plan
- Review team accomplishments and sales metrics
- Focus on improving relationships and converting ideas into opportunities
- Revisit and refine strategies
- Keep the leadership engaged
- Conduct regular Client Value Reviews (value we have delivered through our work with the client) with the client
- Post the Account Plan on the available in the repository
- Schedule regular Account Plan Reviews with leadership.